Find out how our SME Standard Bearers are benefiting from the Standard in three case studies.
Why cut carbon and get certified?
The Carbon Trust Standard is a voluntary certification and mark of excellence that enables all organisations to demonstrate their success in cutting their carbon footprint and gain a competitive advantage.
We’ve launched the online assessment tool specifically for smaller businesses to make certification more accessible.
The case to cut carbon in numbers*
4.8 million SMEs in the UK
45% of UK business energy expenditure SMEs account for
20% saving potential for SMEs - compared to 8% for larger organisations
26% rise in energy costs are forecast in the coming years
6.4% energy costs as a percent of SME operational costs
7% typical carbon saving made by an SME that has achieved the Carbon Trust Standard
What are the benefits of certification?
Achieving certification against the Carbon Trust Standard will:
- Enable you to demonstrate an accurate carbon footprint to our methodology
- Enhance your reputation by providing independent endorsement of your carbon credentials
- Help you meet increasing environmental requirements in supply chain tenders
- Motivate your employees
- Engage your customers
What are the benefits of online assessment?
Online assessment has specifically been designed with busy SMEs in mind:
- Assessment is self-guided and cost effective
- Helps with carbon footprint calculation
- Fit it in around your busy schedule - you can save and update your application as you go along
- Help and support – we’ve included useful guidance at every step
Go to the Help with assessment section for more detailed guidance on how to go through online certification
* All sources are referenced in our launch press release.