Carbon Trust Standard
Enhance your reputation. Reduce energy costs. Be recognised for your achievements.
To achieve the Carbon Trust Standard you will need to meet three criteria:
1. Provide an accurate footprint measurement including all required emission sources.
2. Demonstrate an absolute reduction of your footprint or equivalent relative efficiency improvement.
3. Demonstrate good carbon management to our standard including carbon governance, accounting, reduction methods and targets.
You will need to submit your application for review by an independent assessor using the following tools:
- Carbon Footprint Calculator to record your organisation’s carbon footprint and the reduction in this footprint over time. The methodology has been developed for the Carbon Trust Standard and follows the principles outlined in the GHG protocol, with all carbon emissions calculated using government-produced emissions factors (in the UK factors published by Defra are used).
- Assessment Form to document whether your organisation meets the required carbon management standards. In order to achieve the Carbon Trust Standard an overall score of at least 60% is required in this section.
1. Assessment - During initial discussions you will choose one of two types of assessment:
- Certification only: If you have a simple footprint, all the information and evidence to support your application and can complete your own assessment form.
- Assisted certification: If you think you need some help in collating and presenting the data and completing the assessment form then we can provide some additional support. The assessor will spend more time working with you to help in completing the assessment form as well as assessing compliance with the Standard.
In both services and independent assessor will assess your organisation’s carbon reduction activities against the Standard. This assessment will include visiting your organisation, and verifying the evidence contained in the application
2. Moderation - If the assessor believes your organisation meets the Standard, the assessor will pass your application for moderation. Independent moderators will review each assessment to verify the conclusions.
If you would like to speak with one of our team please click on Enquire Now.